Apache Server and Tomcat Administrator
Job Code - Apache_Server_and_Tomcat_Administrator
Manage web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Administer internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), and mail servers. Collaborate with web application developers to create and operate internal and external web site/application, or to manage web projects/products.
Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
Work location: Pune
Must Have Skills: Apache Tomcat and Apache Server Administration
Technical Experience: 2 year hands on experience working as Apache/Tomcat Administration and working experience on Cloud technologies like Azure, Amazon, and Google Cloud ...etc.
Professional Attributes: Good communication skills and inclination towards emerging web based Technology
Educational Qualification: Any Graduate with relevant experience, preferred B.E, B.Tech, and MCA.
Tasks: Apache and Tomcat Administration.
- Installation and Configuration of Apache and Tomcat Servers.
- Administration, Monitoring & Health-Check of Apache and Tomcat Servers environments.
- Performance Tuning of Apache and Tomcat Servers environment.
- Deploy, support, and troubleshoot Applications on Tomcat
- Secure Tomcat and Applications running on it.
- Ensuring Tomcat for optimal performance.
- Experience in load-balancing and high-availability strategies with Tomcat.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Server logs.
- Hands on experience in Tomcat Automation.
- Experience in Vulnerability patching activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Maintain SLA, System Availability, Capacity management, and Performance.
- Collaborate with IT, DBA technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environment.
- Work closely with application development teams, tune and troubleshoot applications.
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Install or configure web server software or hardware to ensure that directory structure is well defined, logical, secure, and that files are named properly.
- Identify and Develop application performance metrics.
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers or web site/application.
- Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Gather, analyze, or document user feedback to locate or resolve sources of problems.
- Track, compile, and analyze web site usage data.
- Recommend web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Identify or document backup or recovery plans.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Document application and web site changes or change procedures.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications.
- Provide training or technical assistance in web /application implementation or use